Stats from my Spotify Top Songs in 2017
I spent 17577 minutes listening to 846 different songs by 298 different artists in 21 genres and only skipped 3 songs all year.
2018 goal: Be self aware
Top artist: In This Moment
“My” song: Oh Lord by In This Moment
Top genre: Nu Metal
- In This Moment
- Paula Cole
- Britney Spears
- Chris de Burgh
- Oh Lord
- Lost At Sea
- Half God Half Devil
- Witching Hour
- Nu Metal
- Alternative Metal
- Rap Metal
- New Wave Pop
Below the cut is a listing from a swap I did over on Swap-Bot about my top 100 tracks of 2017 per Spotify.
What are the top 15 songs in you Spotify “Your Top Songs of 2017” playlist?
01. In This Moment – Oh Lord
02. In This Moment – Roots
03. Lindsey Stirling – Shatter Me Featuring Lzzy Hale
04. Halestorm – I Am The Fire
05. In This Moment – Salvation
06. t.A.T.u. – All About Us
07. Glee Cast – Home (Glee Cast Version featuring Kristin Chenoweth)
08. Halestorm – I Want You [She’s So Heavy]
09. Sara Bareilles – Islands
10. In This Moment – Lost At Sea
11. Chumbawumba – Mary, Mary
12. Ani DiFranco – Superhero
13. Sara Bareilles – She Used To Be Mine
14. Stevie Nicks – Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You
15. In This Moment – Half God Half Devil
Choose at least 5 other songs in the list that you would like to share. State the ranking of the song if possible.
16. Blue Man Group – Up To The Roof [feat. Tracy Bonham]
25. P!nk – Ave Mary A
29. Bring Me The Horizon – True Friends
30. Michael W. Smith – Raging Sea
32. Lady Gaga – Judas
37. Disturbed – The Sound Of Silence
53. Tracy Bonham – Sharks Can’t Sleep
59. Mike & The Mechanics – Are You Ready
65. Sia – California Dreamin’
67. Voidoid – Wonder Woman 2017 Theme – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
84. Mike & The Mechanics – The Letter
99. The Butchies – The Galaxy Is Gay
For the 20+ songs in the above questions , choose at least 10 songs and tell us why might they be in your playlist? Were there any special memories attached to the songs?
Okay, I’m doing this section a little bit differently. Please bear with me….
- Tracks 1, 2, 5, 10, & 15 :: I can easily explain all five tracks by In This Moment being on this list by saying that I am utterly smitten with that band’s music. I have listened to all of their music so much over the last year, it’s not even funny, especially their most recent album, Ritual. And specifically Tracks 1, 2, 5, & 15 come from that newest album.
- Tracks 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, & 14 :: These 11 tracks are in this list because they’re part of a fanmix I created for the EvilSwanQueen triad from Once Upon a Time over the summer. I listened to these tracks constantly while creating the fanmix, so I’m not surprised that they made my top 100 list.
- Tracks 16 & 53 are quite probably my favorite Tracy Bonham songs ever. I would get into moods where I just couldn’t stop listening to both of them, especially Track 16. It touches me on several levels.
- Track 25 is my favorite P!nk song, especially the live version from the Funhouse tour DVD/CD. It’s something that really hits me on a visceral level.
- Track 29 is a song that really hits me and my best bish K. We are incredibly blunt SagiBitches and this song just totally hits us perfectly.
- Track 30 is a new favorite Michael W. Smith song that I found this past year. It’s a personal mantra of sorts and also fits a number of the characters I write for, so I ended up listening to it a lot for inspiration.
- Track 32 is my favorite Lady Gaga song. I have a long history of obsession with Judas Iscariot, and this song just gives me all sorts of lovely vibes in that vein. Plus? It’s got a great beat!
- Tracks 37 & 65 honestly blew me away. I love both of the original songs, but find that I actually dig these covers even more. And it’s a lot for me to admit that.
- Tracks 59 & 84 came from the newest album by Mike & The Mechanics. Both ended up being my favorites from the album pretty quickly on.
- Track 67 is here because I completely fell in love with the theme to Wonder Woman. Okay, let’s just be honest and say that I loved the movie a lot in general. LOL
Overall, how do you feel about your playlist this year?
I’m actually laughing at my list and seeing just now obsessive I can get with music at times. I mean, I already knew that about myself, but I rather liked seeing the reality to the theory. I mostly listen to playlists I create or full albums on Spotify, and that shows in my top 100 songs. I don’t think there was a single song on this list that I didn’t expect to be there. LOL